For Toukley Little Coast Kids two-way communication with parents is vital to ensure a child’s needs are met. Find out more about the centre’s outdoor learning environment and its emphasis on strengthening the link between the home and the centre’s educators.
At Little Coast Kids Toukley we provide education and care for children ranging from six weeks to five years of age. We have been an integral part of the local community and pride ourselves on our dedication and commitment to early childhood education. Our indoor and outdoor environments are aesthetically appealing and provoke children’s curiosity, quest for knowledge and sense of wonder.
Communication with our families is paramount. We believe in a two-way partnership to ensure that children’s needs are met. Our educators are always happy to talk with parents about their child’s progress and we encourage our families to provide input into our daily programmes to strengthen the link between home and the centre.
Little Coast Kids Toukley’s learning environment is enriched by play-based learning experiences designed to foster children’s holistic development. We believe in the importance of play-based learning including risky play.
We foster children’s connectedness to our local neighbourhood and wider community by regular outside-the-gate experiences. We have a bush kindy set up on the reserve next to the centre, providing the children with the opportunity to explore and thrive in a natural setting. Our outdoor learning environment provides children with various sensory investigations opportunities with a sandpit, mud pit, stage, wooden stepping stones, garden beds and tepee in a beautifully landscaped and aesthetically appealing area.
What we provide
- Friendly, highly qualified and experienced educators
- Friendly and caring atmosphere
- Nutritionally cooked meals where on-site caterer prepares a variety of delicious, healthy meals
- Safe, convenient drop-off and pick-up areas with security access with PIN code
- Access to Storypark app, a secure private online space where families and educators share information about children’s learning
- School Transition Program with a focus on literacy and numeracy and a working relationship with our local primary schools
- Quiet tranquil setting
- Purpose built centre
- Social calendar
- Librarian story time
- Munch and Move program used to promote and support children’s health and wellbeing within our centre
- Sun smart approved, a Cancer Council program to help minimise student and staff over-exposure to UV radiation and reduce the risk of skin cancer
- Bush Kindy / Outside the Game Program, nature based learning with a focus on sustainability and nature based play
- Membership with the Multicultural Resource Centre and an inclusive approach to cultural diversity
- Strong community partnerships with regular outings into our community, including visits to our local library, post office, parks (nature walks) as well as community visitors, e.g. police, fire brigade and entertainer
- Participation in the Early Learning Languages Australia program, where children learn a different language each year
- Be You (Kids Matter) registered, promoting positive mental health for children and families
- Curriculum follows the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), with its’ view of children’s lives as being represented by the concept of belonging, being and becoming
- Free speech pathology service (NSW Health funded)
We are open from 7am-6pm, Monday to Friday.
Little Coast Kids Toukley is set amid native trees with spacious outdoor play areas at 1 Heador Street, Toukley.
At Little Coast Kids Toukley, children are separated into rooms for different age groups so experiences and resources can be carefully targeted to help children explore, develop and learn.
Koala Room (0-3 years)
The focus of the Koala Room is to provide a safe and secure environment where children can be themselves and develop a sense of belonging within the room, the centre and the wider community. This helps children develop into confident and capable learners as they explore the learning environments and begin to develop their physical identities, social, emotional and self-help skills.
Possum Room (3-5 years)
The Possum Room aims to maintain relationships built within the Koala Room and creating a sense of belonging for all children and their families. Our programme is focused on children’s individual strengths and development in a holistic way through working in partnerships with families and the wider community. Through play-based learning experiences we build on the knowledge, skills and independence children require to successfully transition to kindergarten.
Our facilities are regularly upgraded to provide the highest possible standards and ensure children are familiar with technology in a learning environment. We have a strong focus on sustainability with recycling bins in all of our rooms, with a compost bin, three vegetable gardens and a water tank. In our foyer we have a three-way recycling bin system for plastic bottles, cans and soft plastics.
We have experienced educators committed to providing a high quality care and education service to our families. We provide educators with ongoing training to further develop their skills and knowledge. We continually reflect on our current practices to ensure the needs of our children and families are met, as well as meeting our legislative requirements under the National Quality Framework. We strive to ensure each child’s day is a happy and positive one in an aesthetically appealing and safe environment.
We are able to provide care to children with additional needs and adapt our programmes accordingly. We support and encourage other agencies working with children to visit and share information to ensure a collaborative approach to the care of the child.
We can cater for children with special dietary requirements. Our cook is always willing to communicate with families, provide alternative meals and ensure this information is passed on to the educators working in the rooms.
View a sample weekly menu.
Call today to arrange a tour
For all enquiries or to make an appointment, contact Little Coast Kids Toukley on 4397 1268 or call our Support Services Team on 4350 5181.