Northlakes Little Coast Kids is an award-winning centre with attractive and eye-catching facilities. We will provide your child with positive attitudes towards learning, enabling them to become competent and confident learners equipped with skills for life.
More than just a child care service, Little Coast Kids Northlakes is an integral part of the local community, providing care and education in a loving, welcoming secure environment with highly qualified and dedicated staff.
At Little Coast Kids Northlakes, we give every child a super start to learning. Children are given opportunities to communicate, investigate, accept diversity and express themselves. Programs are tailored to foster individual needs, allow children to be children and make the step to school as smooth as possible.
Our partnership with the community and families is also a key part of how Little Coast Kids Northlakes operates. Local schools are closely involved in shaping our school readiness activities. We also work closely with families to ensure children’s specific needs are met.
Children learn through play and the service and educators will carefully plan activities that are fun whilst producing learning outcomes based on your child’s interests. All children will be given experiences to explore, solve problems and succeed as well as socialise and communicate. The learning program is guided by the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) for Australia.
What we provide
- Friendly, highly qualified and experienced educators
- Friendly and caring atmosphere
- Nutritionally cooked meals where on-site caterer prepares a variety of delicious, healthy meals
- Safe, convenient drop-off and pick-up areas with security access with PIN code
- Access to Storypark app, a secure private online space where families and educators share information about children’s learning
- School Transition Program with a focus on literacy and numeracy and a working relationship with our local primary schools
- Quiet tranquil setting
- Purpose built centre
- Social calendar
- Excursions to Camp Breakaway
- Munch and Move program used to promote and support children’s health and wellbeing within our centre
- Sun smart approved, a Cancer Council program to help minimise student and staff over-exposure to UV radiation and reduce the risk of skin cancer
- Bush Kindy / Outside the Game Program, nature based learning with a focus on sustainability and nature based play
- Membership with the Multicultural Resource Centre and an inclusive approach to cultural diversity
- Strong community partnerships with regular outings into our community, including visits to our local library, post office, parks (nature walks) as well as community visitors, e.g. police, fire brigade and entertainer
- Participation in the Early Learning Languages Australia program, where children learn a different language each year
- Be You (Kids Matter) registered, promoting positive mental health for children and families
- Curriculum follows the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), with its’ view of children’s lives as being represented by the concept of belonging, being and becoming
- Free speech pathology service (NSW Health funded)
Little Coast Kids Northlakes is open from 7am-6pm Monday to Friday and provides high quality care and education for children aged six weeks to five years.
Our awards include:
2012 overall winner of Best Child Care Week Program.
2013 Finalist Best overall program, Best program involving families, Best nutritional program and Best community involvement.
Like all Central Coast Council’s child care centres, we inspire a love of learning in a stimulating and nurturing environment. Children under three, and those from three to five, have their own separate rooms and play areas. The centre is air-conditioned and has electronic security entry.
Our Gumnut Room for 0-3 year-olds provides a warm and caring environment that ensures each child feels safe, secure and supported through building nurturing and caring relationships. We believe that relationships with both children and families are crucial to building a sense of being, belonging and becoming. The Gumnut Room offers opportunities for children to explore and learn through play. We recognise the importance of the development of secure attachment and provide consistent and responsive educators.
Busy Bee Room
Our Busy Bee room for 3-5 year-olds provides a program based on the EYLF with an educational and sustainability focus. We offer activities tailored for the age group and developmental ability. Activities include art and crafts, science and technology, music, drama, language and environmental sustainability. We foster children’s relationships with nature - the fauna and flora in our environment provides us with endless opportunity for growth. We have an excellent relationship with local schools which aids in our transition to school program.
Educators at Little Coast Kids Northlakes are part of your community and have many years of education experience.
We provide all meals and ensure they are educational, nutritious and fun.
View a sample weekly menu.
Call today to arrange a tour
Families are welcome to visit the centre and take part in the many events and information sessions.
For all enquiries or to make an appointment, contact Little Coast Kids Northlakes on 4390 8370 or call our Support Services Team on 4350 5181.