Do you want to be a part of making things happen for young people? Are you aged 14-24? Do you live, work or study on the Central Coast?
Youth for Youth (or 'Y4Y') is an action based team that empowers young people to make positive changes to the lives of young people acorss the Central Coast.
Applications are now open for membership in the 2022 team - a group of 12 young people aged 14-24, who will make youth-led initiatives and ideas happen in our community, and be the voice of young people across our region.
As part of the Y4Y team, members will meet regularly and work on a range of projects and development opportunities - from planning an annual youth forum to organising local youth-focussed events, attending leadership camps, participating in skills-development programs and more.
Applications are open now and close 7 January 2022. Express your interest by completing the Y4Y application form.
About the Y4Y Action Team
Our Y4Y (Youth for Youth) action team was established in 2018 as part of Council’s commitment to engage with and empower young people.
We want to ensure that our young people’s voices are heard, acknowledged and accounted for and our Y4Y team provides a voice for young people in our community.
The Y4Y team aims to champion a range of initiatives and outcomes for young people in our community, including:
- Creating more activities, resources and support networks
- Improving the relationships between young people and their communities
- Acknowledging, celebrating and promoting achievements of the team and their peers
- Providing opportunities for leadership and decision making
- Supporting participation in community projects and activities
- Improving learning and employment pathways
- Encouraging healthy and active lifestyles
- Creating new, and improving existing areas for young people to socialise.